- X-2 for GF2 WT
--Release date : July 12, 2011
--JAN code ：456212143 637 4
- X-2 for GF2 BK
-- Release date : July 12, 2011
--JAN code：456212143 638 1
「X-2 for GF2 WT」
「X-2 for GF2 BK」
(*)Optional Leak Sensor is available at a time of housing order.
The LUMIX GF2 is Panasonic signature mirrorless DSLR model with compact and lightweight body yet supporting professional photography, high quality full HD movie and 3D still imaging with its world’s first 3D interchangeable lens.
The INON 「X-2 for GF2」 housing is built not only to concentrate on downsizing but engineered to pursue stress-free handling, intuitive operation, reliability and durability after we got back to the basic 『shooting underwater』, and supported by wide variety of INON lighting arms and high quality optical glass ports to enhance LUMIX/LEICA lens performance underwater offering full-blown underwater equipment in total.
The 「X-2 for GF2」 housing enables you to enjoy high quality and creative photography/footage making different from point and shoot compact digital cameras.
- Solid Corrosion-resistant Aluminum Alloy Body A housing body is made from lightweight and robust corrosion-resistant aluminum alloy providing comfortable controllability even in high water pressure in addition to reliability and durability.
- Proven and Reliable Waterproof Design Buttons, dial levers are not directly attached on a housing body but installed via brass bearings to prevent the aluminum housing body from galling caused by sliding of buttons and movement of dial levers to secure waterproof property.
- Ergonomically Friendly Exterior Design The body size and design allows you to hold the housing naturally and access to each control without effort.
- Stress-free Control Layout Almost every function of the LUMIX GF2 is operable from housing controls (*1). You can access to cursor buttons/dial levers right away without changing right hand position to enhance intuitive operation underwater.
- Ample Inner Space for Comfortable Camera Installation/Removal A camera is precisely locked in the housing at the tripod-screw and both shoulder strap eyelets.
- Fully Compatible with “S-TTL” Auto Strobe System Flooding-free four Optical D Connectors are equipped as standard feature to benefit simple yet reliable “S-TTL” Auto with maximum four external strobes supporting accurate exposure simply by pressing the shutter release button even for high power multi-lighting circumstances allowing you to focus on artistic intention or composition.
- Wide Variety of Lens Port from Macro to Fisheye Compatible lens ports support eight different lenses; 「45mm/F2.8 Macro」, 「14mm/F2.5 Pancake」, 「20mm/F1.7 Pancake」, 「14 - 45mm/F3.5 – F5.6 Zoom」, 「14 - 42mm/F3.5 - F5.6 Zoom」, 「7 - 14mm/F4 Zoom」, 「8mm/F3.5 Fisheye」 and 3D imaging 「12.5mm/F12」. All lens ports including dome port use optical lens with multi coating to take full advantage of optical performance of LUMIX/LEICA lenses.
Buttons and dial levers carry oil bearing type INON yellow O-rings to prevent accidental flooding due to lack of grease. Also their size is thicker than required to enhance waterproof property.
The position and angle of the shutter release lever has been carefully examined based on user’s position and hand location at the moment of taking a picture where the user checks the LCD monitor on the back of the housing, to support natural and smooth operation of the shutter release lever to suppress motion blur.
The「iA button」「touch panel」is not accessible since they are rarely used underwater. The「Rear dial」can be rotated from housing control but cannot be pressed. However almost all settings by the「Rear dial」can be also managed by the「Q.MENU」button and「Cursor」buttons.
Since neither of front nor side of the camera contacts with the housing, water-pressure never cause any unexpected operation of the camera.
Spacious inner construction allows you to put fingers between the camera and the housing to pull out the camera easily by one hand.
Lens ports for「45mm/F2.8 Macro」, 「14 - 45mm/F3.5 - F5.6 Zoom」, 「14 - 42mm/F3.5 - F5.6 Zoom」and「7 -14mm/F4 Zoom」consist of two components; an universal base port and specific front port for each different lens model where only optional front port is required to use other lens model.
- 「Digital SLR camera housing 『X-2 for GF2』
June 29th, 2011
*Press release information is as of June 29th, 2011 and subject to change without prior notice.